The outdoor enthusiast will love the beautiful scenery in Niagara USA. Take a bike or a hike down the many trails that are available in Niagara.
Hikes are conducted on a regular basis into the Niagara gorge. Self-guided hikes are also available at Devil’s Hole and Whirlpool State
Niagara Falls State Park was designed to let visitors interact with nature.
In addition to magnificent views of the Falls, the park offers spectacular sights along the Niagara Gorge trail system. The trail extends from Niagara Falls, New York to Lewiston. Bike paths are available throughout the county, especially along the Niagara River.
TOP 5 NIAGARA USA HIKES: “TAKE A HIKE!”
Niagara USA has numerous trails or hiking options to consider and here’s ten different trails that would make for some great outdoor fun for the entire family to enjoy – throughout the entire year! However, spring and summer are especially appealing for taking a trek in Niagara USA!
1. ARTPARK STATE PARK GORGE TRAIL, LEWISTON:Access off of Fourth Street or Portage Street in Lewiston to park. Upper and lower trails extend from this fine arts facility into the gorge. A great spot for fishing, too, with improved access points to the water’s edge. Easy hike.
2. WHIRLPOOL STATE PARK GORGE TRAIL, NIAGARA FALLS:Access to the lower gorge via stairs. Can connect with Devil's Hole State Park and a circle tour is available combining the upper and lower rim trails for a three mile hike. Medium difficulty.
3. DEVIL'S HOLE STATE PARK GORGE TRAIL, NIAGARA FALLS:Access to the lower gorge via stairs. Can connect with Whirlpool State Park and a circle tour is available combining upper and lower rim trails for a three mile hike. Medium difficulty.
4. WILSON-TUSCARORA STATE PARK NATURE TRAILS, WILSON:Over four miles of hiking trails are available in this unique state park off Route 18. There are also plenty of fishing opportunities and a boat launch. Picnic areas abound, as well.
5. UPPER NIAGARA RIVER HIKE AND BIKE TRAIL, NIAGARA FALLS:From Niagara Falls State Park to LaSalle Park next to the Grand Island Bridge (north), this hike and bike path is perfect for viewing the scenic river above Niagara Falls. Great for birding opportunities and casting a line for fishing.