KidZania Mumbai partners with Mahindra Holidays

KidZania Mumbai, a Global Indoor Theme park that inspires, educates & empowers children, helping them understand & manage their world better; has partnered with Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd., India’s leading company in leisure hospitality industry. The partnership will see Club Mahindra set-up a kid-sized resort inside KidZania that will represent hospitality industry in this
unique edutainment park.

This partnership will give children a complete new learning experience of working in a holiday resort and acquire skills required for the service sector. Children can don multiple set of roles that a Club Mahindra member is likely to come in touch with at one of the resorts such as a Bell Boy, a Front Desk Executive, a Steward & a Housekeeper.

The kids grasp the essence by working behind the scenes at the resort. The role-plays allow the kids to experience and learn key nuances such as teamwork, collaboration, motor-skills, socialization, customer services, gratitude, respect and responsibility.

Speaking on the new launch, Viraj Jit Singh – Chief Marketing Officer, KidZania India said, “KidZania welcomes Club Mahindra - the leading brand in resort business, to its family. The in-depth knowledge, expertise and involvement by our brand partner has helped us design, build and improve realism in the activities. Club Mahindra resort at KidZania Mumbai empowers kids to get hands-on experience across a variety of roles in hospitality sector, and enables experiential learning amongst kids by allowing them to foster team-spirit, improve communication skills and build self-esteem.”

Vishal Purohit, Divisional Manager – Brand & Resort Marketing, Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd. said, “It gives us great pleasure to associate with KidZania for a mini resort within a set-up which helps inculcate the feeling of responsibility and dignity of labour in children. By participating in this activity kids will learn to appreciate the importance of various roles at a resort such as a bell-boy, housekeeping, steward, etc. and their team effort that goes behind creating magical experiences for guests that the brand Club Mahindra is known for. This will also help them understand the demands of working in a service sector to deliver services of highest quality with a smile, at an early stage. It is this mix of education and entertainment that makes Club Mahindra’s alliance with KidZzania a perfect match.”

About Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited

Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited (MHRIL), India’s leading player in the leisure hospitality industry, offers quality family holidays primarily through vacation ownership memberships. While Club Mahindra is the flagship brand, the other brands offered by the company are – Club Mahindra Fundays and Svaastha Spa. As on December 31, 2015, MHRIL has ~194K vacation ownership members and operates 45 resorts across India and abroad.

MHRIL also owns a majority stake in Holiday Club Resorts, Finland, a leading vacation ownership company in Europe with 30 resorts across Finland, Sweden and Spain.

About KidZania Mumbai
KidZania Mumbai is built like a city spread across 75,000 sq. ft. where children can independently explore and choose to role-play from 100+ exciting careers like pilot, surgeon, RJ, chef, fire-fighter among many more. KidZania emulates the workings of a city complete with a functioning economy and its own currency. Each experience is designed to empower kids, giving them the confidence to be their best selves, and inspiration to be great global citizens.

The franchise license for KidZania in India is owned by Imagination Edutainment India Pvt. Ltd. whose share-holders are Singapore-based KidZ Inc, Comcraft Group, Xander Group, Maxfield Management Limited, owning 74 per cent of the franchise while actor Mr. Shah Rukh Khan owns the remaining 26 per cent in his personal capacity. Together, the group has invested Rs. 84 crores in the Mumbai facility.    

No comments: